What you need to know when choosing a removalist for your specialised move.
Austate specialises in moving heavy and awkward items including pianos, outdoor spas, large antiques, and grandfather clocks. A lot of removalists will simply refuse to move items such as these due to the complexities involved, specialised equipment needed, and the skills and experience required.
The Austate team have extensive experience and are professionally trained in this area of our industry.
We are very confident our team here at Austate are among the very best for moving specialised items, but here’s some things to consider when you’re choosing a removalist for items such as these.
- Grand pianos are even more complicated than upright pianos. Your removalist needs to know how to correctly prepare and pack a grand piano for moving, as it differs from packing that’s required for an upright piano.
- Make sure the removalist has the right gear needed to move your Piano, eg. the right trolleys, lifting straps etc.
- Also make sure the removalists will be using the right materials to protect both the piano, but also the floors and walls that they’ll have to navigate otherwise it’s highly likely that damage will result from the move.
- In some instances where stairs are involved, the safest method to move your piano will be using a crane. If your removalist can’t offer this equipment then we highly recommend you get a removalist who does.
- Your removalist needs to have the right equipment, the right vehicles and the right team with both experience and training to ensure that your pool table is moved correctly to minimise any risk of damage.
- The removalist also needs to protect the surrounding walls and floors that the pool table is being moved out of, and at the new location.
- Most removalists will substitute using the right equipment with extra staff lifting the spa. This is both dangerous and risky and is highly likely going to result in damage to your spa. It also results in a more costly move for the customer.
Austateteam have the tools, training and experience to move your spa with less staff and less force, which drastically decreases the risk of damage to your spa, and the cost of the move as well.