Interstate storage: the ultimate solution for your long-distance move
If you’re planning a long-distance move, then we know you’ve got a lot on your plate. Not only do you need to figure out how to travel to your new home and all that’s involved, but you also need to get all your things there at a time-frame that works for you. One of the things you can use to make this whole process much easier and less stressful is interstate storage.
Our favourite way to use interstate storage is to pick your things up, take them to one storage facility, and then move them from there to your new place when it’s time. This method is a great way to ensure your items are safely transported between states.
If you need more time to settle in before bringing everything over or if you don't have enough space for all of your stuff at once, interstate storage can provide short-term or long-term solutions as needed. It's convenient, secure, and reasonably priced - making it an excellent choice for long-distance moves.
Here are some of the key benefits of interstate storage services during a long-distance move and tips on how to find the right solution for what you need.
Interstate storage benefit 1: less stress & creative timing
The main benefit of using interstate storage is that you don't have to worry about transporting all of your belongings across state lines on your moving day. All you need to do is arrange for pick up from your current location and delivery at your new home at the time that works for you - simple as that! This eliminates any hassle or stress associated with trying to manage everything yourself and getting the timing perfect for everyone involved.
Benefit 2: storage can save you money
Interstate storage can provide cost savings during a move for a number of reasons:
- You can choose your timing and move your things during off-peak times
- You can combine storage with your interstate removals service for increased savings
- You don’t need to pay for extra baggage when flying or car and trailer hire if extra transport is needed
Benefit 3: keeping your things safe with secure storage
One of the things interstate removalists companies, like ours, provides is really safe storage. We move your things into our warehouse, for example, which has restricted access keeping your belongings very secure. Your things will stay packed away and safe until they arrive at their final destination - your new home - with nothing getting lost or damaged along the way.
You’re also not relying on a storage facility in your new town or city without fully knowing what it’s like. Interstate storage can be the in-between step from one place to another.
Tips for choosing an interstate storage company
Now that we've explored the key benefits of interstate storage, let's look at some tips for choosing the right solution for your long-distance move.
- Research: Start by researching different removalists and storage facilities to find one that meets your needs and budget. Look into their services, costs, and customer reviews to get a better understanding of what they can do for you. (Here are our interstate removalist services and our storage services.)
- Talk to professionals: Once you've narrowed down your choices, it's important to call each company and discuss your specific needs with them. This will help ensure that all of your questions are answered and that you have someone on hand who can assist in case any issues arise along the way. They should also be able to provide you with a quote.
- Consider insurance: Decide if you want to secure insurance coverage for your items during transport and storage. Some removalists will have insurance solutions available for you so be sure to ask.
- Decide on the type of storage you want to have - self-storage, container storage or warehouse storage. Each has its pros and cons and you can learn more about the different storage options here.
Interstate storage is an excellent option for anyone planning a long-distance move. Not only does it make transportation easier and more cost-effective, but it also provides secure storage solutions to ensure that everything stays safe until it arrives at its new home. So if you're looking for an efficient way to get your items from point A to point B, then contact us or give us a call and ask us which storage solution may be best for your interstate move.